MENTER PLANT Y CWM CYF
The Theatre is a facility that offers workshops to develop children, youth and young adult performance skills. It is an open access service but participants must be registered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions in order to attend.
Terms and Conditions
Throughout the Terms and Conditions, Menter Plant y Cwm Ltd is called Plant y Cwm.These Terms and Conditions are in force from 1st January 2018 onwards.
- The Theatre is under the control and supervision of Plant y Cwm and will operate in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time at the absolute discretion of Plant y Cwm.
- Reasonable notice will be provided of any such updates.
1.1 REGISTERING A PLACE
- Parents must register their children in writing by completing and returning the Registration Form. Doing so will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.. See further in Clause 6.1 below (Registration)
- The parent / carer will be notified within a reasonable time if they have succeeded in obtaining a place at The Theatre.
1.1.2 Session Availability
- The Theatre is available to children, youth and young adults from 4-25 years old and will take place on Wednesdays during school term
- There will be no sessions during school holidays.
1.1.3 Changes to the Sessions
Sessions which have been booked and paid for cannot be refunded except in the event of:
- closure of the club in any unforeseen circumstances; or
- a child missing five or more consecutive Sessions due to illness. A medical certificate may be required.
2.1 THEATRE FEES
- The fee will be collected per half term.
- £ 30 – Junior and Children’s Theatr. £ 40 – Youth Theatre
2.2 PAYMENTS FOR tHEATRE SESSIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ORDERED/ATTENDED & PENALTIES
- All fees and costs must be paid to the Supervisor or Leader with cash or a check that has cleared, on the commencement of the Theatre sessions, every half term.
- The Theatre can refuse entry in the event that any payment made by cheque has not been cleared.
- For regular Theatr sessions, a one month’s written notice must be given to the Supervisor to cancel a child’s place at the Theatre, during which notice period the usual charge will still be payable.
- A refund will be given if a child has only attended a part of a Session.
- No refund will be made if a child is excluded in accordance with Clause 3.1, 3.2 (Grounds for Exclusion).
2.3 EXTRA SESSIONS
- Additional Sessions will be held when there is extra work when preparing a show.
2.4 RESPONSIBILITY FOR PAYMENT
- The responsibility for payment of all fees, charges, and penalties lies at all times with the parent/carer or the person who has parental responsibility.
- Failure by the Theatre to make a written or verbal request for payment of fees does not constitute a waiver, excuse or reason for late or non-payment.
- It is the responsibility of all parents/carers collecting children to do so promptly at the end of the Theatre
- A penalty of £10 will be charged, for each quarter of an hour, that a child is picked up late from the Theatre, and must be paid before the child is able to return to the Theatre.
- Failure to settle all fees and/or penalties may result in the Theatre taking action (including legal action) to recover all outstanding debts and entitles the Theatre to exclude the child from subsequent Sessions.
- Where the penalty is outstanding, and further Sessions have been booked and paid for by the parent/carer, the Theatre reserves the right to exclude the child, until the penalty is paid, without issuing a refund for Sessions unattended.
3.1 THE CHILD
- At the Theatre’s sole discretion, a child may be excluded for persistent poor behavior (including but not limited to bullying, verbal abuse, physical abuse, fighting, racist incidents, challenging, disagreeing others, cheating, disobedience and deliberate damage to property) or occasional serious incidents (for example, which endangers children and staff)
- Our staff will record all poor behavior. Three recorded incidents may result in a temporary or permanent exclusion.
3.2.1 At the absolute discretion of the Theatre a child may be excluded if::
- If a parent / guardian is challenging in any way towards the Supervisor or Plant y Cwm staff member in any way and/or
- Parent/carer is in breach of the Terms and Conditions
4. RIGHTS, LEGAL MATTERS, AND LIMITED ACCOUNTABILITY
- The Theatre reserves the right to close the club on the grounds of staff shortage, unavailability of facilities, or any other reason which in its reasonable opinion necessitates closure. Reasonable notice will be given where possible.
4.2 LEGAL: SURRENDERING RIGHTS, EXCLUSIONS, GOVERNANCE ACT & AUTHORITY
- This contract is made soley with Plant y Cwm.
- Failure or delay on behalf of the Plant y Cwm in exercising any of its rights or remedies shall prejudice or affect its ability to do so unless it has provided a specific waiver or release in writing.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA rules, which are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
- The number of arbitrators will be one.
- The seat, or legal place, of arbitration, shall be the UK.
- The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English
- The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England.
4.3 LIMITED LIABILITY
- Save as otherwise expressly set out in the terms and Conditions, Plant y Cwm shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered as a result of the Theatre closures, including but not limited to loss of profits, increased costs or expenses or wasted expenditure.
- Plant y Cwm accepts no liability for loss or damage (including consequential loss) to property brought onto the premises by a parent/carer or child.
- Plant y Cwm excludes any liability for any injury to the fullest extent permissible by law.
5. MANAGING CONDITIONS
- Parents/carers must inform the Theatre if the child has any known medical condition or health problem or has been in contact with infectious diseases.
- Parents/carers must comply with the same sickness exclusion guidelines as the school. A child must not be brought to the Theatre if s/he is unwell.
- The Theatre will not administer medication to any child in its care
- All accidents, that staff are made aware of, are documented in an Accident Book and reported to parents/c
5.3 SEVERE WEATHER
- In the event of the Theatre closure due to severe weather during the school day, parents/carers will be informed via the school parent/carer contact system.
- In the event of the Theatre’s closure due to severe weather during the Theatre Session, parents/carers will be informed by telephone.
5.4 LEARNING AND PHYSICAL DISABILITIES
- The Theatre will comply with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 and will do all that is reasonable to accommodate the needs of children with
5.5 ABSENT CHILDREN
- The parent/carer must notify the school if their child is not going to attend the Theatre.
- Plant y Cwm maintains those insurances which are prescribed by law. The Theatre is covered by Menter Cwm Gwendraeth’s insurance.
5.7 PARENTS COLLECTING CHILDREN
- Parents/carers are not allowed into the Theatre. Open days are held to give parents/carers the opportunity to join their children at the Theatre on a pre-arranged day.
- Only the parent/carer will be allowed to collect their child from the Theatre.
- A parent/carer or Authorised Adult must sign the child out of the Theatre every day they attend.
- Parents/carers who have cause for complaint must inform the Theatre Supervisor. The Complaints Policy is available from Plant y Cwm.
5.9 NECESSARY INFORMATION
- Parents/carers agree to inform the Theatre of any information necessary to safeguard or promote their child’s welfare or avert the risk of harm to their child or other person.
- The Theatre staff will be informed of sensitive issues concerning the child on a ‘need-to-know’ basis.
5.10 CHILD PROTECTION
- The Supervisor has a duty to report any significant concerns s/he might have about the safety/well-being of a child to the Local Authority Social Services.
6. THEATRE REGISTRATION
- All parents/carers must complete our Registration Form in full before a child can be accepted at a club. Registration Forms can be obtained from the Theatre directly, from Plant y Cwm, Menter Cwm Gwendraeth Elli office or by downloading from our website, plantycwm.com
- By signing a fully completed Registration Form, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- A full copy of the signed Registration Form will be kept by the Theatre and the parent/carer.
- Parents/carers must ensure that all the details on the Registration Form are accurate and the Supervisor must be notified in writing immediately of any changes. These also include, without limitation, Court Orders or situations of risk in relation to the child for which any special precautions may be needed. Any changes must be made in writing and accepted by the Theatre.
7.1 ACCIDENT BOOK
The Accident Book is used to record details of injuries from accidents at the Theatre as a part of the Club’s management of health and safety
The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) is universally recognised as one of the world’s leading arbitral institutions.
7.3 MENTER PLANT Y CWM LTD
Menter Plant y Cwm Limited, referred to as Plant y Cwm in these Terms and Conditions, is the only contracting party to this contract.
7.4 REGISTRATION FORM
This form is attached at Appendix 1 to these Terms and Conditions.
7.5 REGULAR SESSIONS
These Theatre Sessions are provided for the child on a regular basis throughout the school term.
A Regular Session or Ad-hoc Session, as applicable.
These Theatre Sessions will be lead by a Supervisor who is a trained senior member of the care staff.
8. COMPANY DETAILS
8.1 MENTER PLANT Y CWM LTD
- Company Limited By Guarantee
- Without Share Capital
- Registered in Wales: 06567471
I have read, understood and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.